Last night we gathered together as missionary staff along with a few Samaritan's Purse staff and had a time of singing and sharing what God has done. I wanted to share some of these things with you so you can rejoice with us for the things that God has done.
- On Saturday one of the monitors in the OR room broke. They brought it to Jean (our hospital administrator) and asked what they should do. After looking at it he said "I think I have one just like it in my office that I won as a door prize at a medical conference I recently attended." When the doctors looked at it, it was exactly the same as the broken one. God is so amazing, that a prior to this disaster he put the needed monitor in Jean's hands knowing that we would need it at this time.
- We are seeing people come together in ways we have not seen before. A few days ago as Chris was passing a park late at night, filled with people living in tents or under tarps, the whole park was singing Christian songs. How amazing to see all the people coming together and praising God.
- We are having many opportunities to witness to people as we give things out. Overall, the people are not mobbing and many have a very grateful attitude.
- The medical staff, both national and visiting staff, are working together. There is a good spirit of cooperation between them, which is a huge answer to prayer.
- A quote from one of the visiting chaplains, "I have worked in many disasters areas, but I have never seen the harvest that we are seeing here through this disaster. God is at work and drawing people to Himself.
To God be the Glory for the great things He has done!
2 comments:
Awesome to read how God is moving among people there. Thanks so much for sharing this great news.
Thank you, once again for providing these updates. What a blessing to hear how God is answering prayer and working in this situation to bring people to Himself. I will continue to pray.
Post a Comment