Some of these trucks are very old and ready to break down. Thankfully God brought a wonderful mechanic here who came before the quake and just left today. He looked over all our vehicles and made them as good as he could.
We have one large truck that is over 10 years old and really on it's last leg. The driver has to carry water with him to keep the radiator workings. We really didn't want to send it out knowing that the probability of it breaking down was very high. Yesterday we really needed it and decided to give the truck to God and trust Him to keep it running. God has done so many miracles in the past week and yesterday he did another one. That truck was able to transport many needed supplies and return to the mission without any troubles. It is out again today and we are trusting that God will once again allow that truck to not break down. They are His trucks and He knows the needs so we are trusting him.
Thanks for joining with us in prayer that God would miraculously keep these trucks moving so we are able to get the needed food, water and supplies to the people in need.
This is the big truck that we just started sending out yesterday. Sorry it is not a good picture, but it gives you an idea of what we are talking about.
2 comments:
My name is James Kiffmeyer, I am a nurse anesthetist in Rice Lake WI. I was at your mission the day after the earthquake. My wife Jodi and I were visiting an orphanage in Paitionville and the day after the earthquake I helped Jude bring his sister to the mission with a broken left leg. I was at the clinic for about 8 hours working on the people there to clean and close wounds.
I would love to come back and help in a formal way at some point, though I can't get in contact with BHM right now, I'm sure they are overloaded with communication. Thanks for your work up there, it was a bright beacon in a time of dire need.
The orphanage we help in Petion-Ville is running out of food and water. Is there any suggestion you have for them? They have 200 children between 1 and 8 years old. Pastor Predestin runs the orphanage and is out of money to purchase more, and they will run out on Thursday. We are working on getting them more money.
His email is ppredestin@gmail.com
My email is jkiffmeyer@gmail.com
Post a Comment