Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Being who God wants us to be and trusting Him

Over the past few weeks we have been overwhelmed with the faithfulness of God.
We have had the opportunity to share with 4 different churches.  Each one of them have received us very openly and there have been some great opportunities to share how God is leading us.
As all this has been taking place I have been struck by the fact that I'm just an ordinary person striving to do the will of God.  I don't have to be anyone special, I just need to be me and follow God's leading.  Often I can get caught up in what other people think of me.  I think that I have to act a certain way and my children have to act a certain way since we are "Missionaries"  But I'm so thankful for God's gentle reminder through His word these past few days that it doesn't matter what others think of me and I don't have to be someone super spiritual or special since I'm a "missionary."  God just wants us to be who He made us to be and focus on drawing closer to Him and reflecting Him to others.
There have also been so many times these past few weeks when I have felt God saying "Do you trust me?"  I know that the road ahead of us as a family is going to be very difficult.  It is not going to be easy to make a major move to northwest Haiti.  There are so many uncertainties and we don't know where the funds are going to come from or how all the logistics are going to work out, but I constantly hear God saying "Do you trust Me?"
It is a daily struggle and I don't think it will ever be easy, but I'm so thankful for the ways that He has encouraged us through the wonderful people and churches that we have visited. 
I know that God has great things in store for us and day by day I pray that we truly will Trust Him.


Sorry for the lack of pictures.  They are all on Kyrk's computer so I will work on getting some good vacation pictures on here soon.

No comments: