Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ladies Group

At the end of December while we were visiting the Christen family from church I started talking with Mdm Christen about the ladies in the church and the woman's group.  She invited me to come each Tuesday afternoon when the ladies met for prayer and Bible study. 
So in January I started going down to church for the ladies meeting.  The first week I went it was a very stretching time for me.  First they asked me to stand up and share a little with the group.  I wasn't prepared for this, so what I had to say was very short.  Then they said that I would be joining them when they sang on the last Sunday of the month.  I thought to myself "Okay, I guess I'm going to be singing."
When the last Sunday came there was a group of about 15 of us that just walked to the front of the church and sang a song that we had practiced the week before.
This past month we have been working each week on learning a new song, preparing to share it this morning.  Last week when we were practicing, they said that we would all be wearing the ladies group uniform and then sitting together.  When I heard this I thought that would probably mean that I would not be singing with them, which I didn't mind :)
Well I was wrong.  On Friday evening Mr. Christen came up to our house with a gift from his wife.  It was a shirt that matched all the other ladies that she had had someone make for me.  WOW, I guess they really want me to sing with them.
So this morning I was officially part of the ladies choir and it was a very neat experience to sit along side my sisters in Christ and sing with them. 
I have been very humbled with the way that these ladies have included me into their group and the ways that God is using this weekly time with them to learn more about them and their lives.  I really enjoy studying God's word with these ladies and praying together with them.
I am praying that as I continue to fellowship with these ladies that I would be able to continue to build relationships with them and that God would use me in what ever ways He desires.

Already to head to church with my pink shirt.

Below is a short video that Kyrk took in church this morning of the group singing.  You can't really see the group too well but you can hear the first part of the song that we were singing.


No comments: