The missionary ladies here are currently working through a Study of the book of James. I have learned so many things so far and I'm so grateful for the ways that God is providing for me to put things into practice. Here is one example of what God has shown me recently.
James 2:5
Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
A couple of days ago I was given a wonderful example of the rich faith of the poor that surround us. Madame Oliver is a widow who has 4 children. One daughter is married, but 2 daughters and 1 son still live with her at home. She works at the mission a couple days a week and is very thankful for the help that those wages are to help with some of her expenses. She used to sell items in the market, but in December all that she had to sell in the market was stolen leaving her with no income.
She explained this to me and then went on to share that in a couple of weeks she needs to pay her yearly rent for her house. She has no idea where that money is going to come from and she has no family living in this area. Then with a huge smile on her face she said, "But I have the family of God, and that is a huge family."
This really made me evaluate what would I do in her situation. Would I have the faith that she has, or would I be worrying and fretting about where I would live? Would I trust God and rest in the fact that I am part of the family of God?
So often I can get upset and worried about simple things. I'm so thankful for the ways God is teaching me to trust Him with everything! He is in control and we can have faith that He knows what is best for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment