"Earthquake"
I must admit that it was very scary to feel the shaking last night around 9:50 pm. Even though it lasted only about 5 seconds it really startled us. It has been 2 years since we have felt that and it brought back many memories. This morning I was talking with a lady and asked if she slept well after the "shake." I loved her response. She said, "Yes, I was scared, but after it happened I prayed and then went to sleep." I love the trust that she has in God knowing that He is in control and it was no use worrying.
Atrel Trip:
On Monday morning Kyrk went to Atrel along with Boss Joubert, who will be overseeing all the concrete work for our house and buildings on the property. Kyrk had a picture in his mind of where he would build our house and the other small buildings. When he saw the land, it was a large piece located above the mission property just like he had requested, but it is divided by 2 roads. Pastor Fritz told us that we could have the road moved to go around the property instead of through it, but we are not sure what we want to do. When Kyrk and I both travel to Atrel at the end of March we will decide together where our house will be built.
Today Pastor Fritz took the land papers to the government office in Port-De-Paix to have the purchase legally completed. We are so thankful to his willingness to help us and to do anything he can for us. This is a huge encouragement to us, knowing that him along with the church community of Atrel are really looking forward to having us come and live along side of them.
![]() |
| Walking on our property. It goes all the way to where the truck is parked and beyond it. |
![]() |
| Looking back on the property they were walking on. |
![]() |
| The property that is directly above the mission property on the other side of the road. |
![]() |
| These girls came through as they were checking out the land. |
![]() |
| The hill in this picture will hopefully one day have a training center built on it and our house somewhere at the top. |
On Monday I received 2 large baskets of tomatoes from an area that has lots of tomatoes right now. Needless to say I have spent the past 4 days canning salsa, spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. I was super thankful to have it all finished and a clean kitchen once again this evening.
![]() |
| I had just emptied the first basket when I took this picture. Keep in mind these baskets are about 2 feet tall. |






1 comment:
Wow, that's a lot of tomatoes! I hadn't realized there was another quake in Haiti. Praying for all your exciting plans.
Post a Comment