Monday, September 21, 2009

Quick Update

The past couple of weeks have been full of challenges and rewarding experiences.
Kyrk was kept busy for a couple days repairing hospital equipment. The hospital staff were trying to get all the operating room equipment working well in preparation for the team of Surgical Volunteers who came and did over 50 surgeries last week. They were mainly for cleft lips and palates, but some were removal of tumors etc. It really is amazing the work that can be done at our hospital here.
We have received many large truck loads of food recently what had to be unloaded into our storage depots and then this week Kyrk is trying to get all of this food to the schools. This is always a large task.
I have been fighting an ear infection over the past 2 weeks. It is a infected ear drum and I'm really praying that I start to get my hearing back soon. I'm going to see the specialist again on Wednesday, so hopefully this heals soon. Your prayers would be appreciated.
The kids are doing well and enjoying school. We just finished a unit on trains and even Robert was enjoying learning about trains.
Here are a few pictures of the boys and their trains. (I have realized that I haven't put up pictures of the girls recently. I will try to have some for next post.)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Deborah! I love your updates. Praying for a quick healing of your ear and that all hearing returns as normal. Love and Haitian kisses! Shan