It all started about 1 week ago. One evening, last week I heard a little chewing sound in the kitchen and asked Kyrk is check it out. Being the wonderful man that he is, he found the rat in a drawer and hit it with a stick. After a couple of times he was successful in killing it.
A couple of days later we caught another rat in a trap. At this point I thought we are finished with rats in our house for awhile.
Well I was wrong. This morning when I opened my dish towel drawer I found a dead baby rat laying on top of the towels. It was so gross and Naomi knew that I was not going to deal with it, so she immediately called Kyrk.
He came and discovered 6 more dead baby rats amongst the towels.

Rebekah liked the little rats and after they were in this cup she took them to show Grandma, her cousins and the other missionary family here.

Once they had shown the rats to everyone, it was time to bury them. Naomi had the honors on digging the grave and covering them.

Yeah there are 9 less rats around!!
3 comments:
It is better t enter a house of mourning...especially when rats are being mourned!
I love how Rebekah is so proud of her baby rats!!
Good times! How funny to think that to them, this is normal. What a great life. Give N, J, R, and R a big hug from Aunt Kari.
Post a Comment