Yesterday we started working on the grade 3 Bible curriculum. This a huge task and after 2 hours yesterday we had put together the basic information that the people writing the stories will need for 6 of the 40 stories. Thankfully we have some people in the United States who are willing to write the stories for us. This is a huge blessing!!
Once the stories are written they are sent back to us here in Haiti and then people here spend a large amount of time editing them and making sure that they are appropriate for Haiti. We also write application questions, review questions and put a memory verse along with an explanation of that verse.
As you can see this is no small task. I have been overseeing this project for the past 2 years, but have recently been convicted about the importance of putting family before ministry, even if the ministry it super important, my family should come first. My children are my main ministry right now.
I currently do not have the time to spend editing these stories and writing more etc, as well and all the meetings that go with it.
Please join us in praying that God would show us His way of getting this very important Bible curriculum written. It is our prayer that God would send someone here to help oversee this project. There are still many more years of work, since we hope to write a curriculum through 6th grade.
Thanks for your prayers!
2 comments:
So glad you're back (blogging)!! I am praying too. You're a great mom and wife Deborah! I am proud to call you my sister. I love you.
Deborah,
We only have them 9the kids0 for a season. You are making the best possible choice.
I will pray!
Post a Comment