Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Election Day

This morning at about 3:30 am people began to gather here at the high school in Fermathe to vote. The polling place would open at about 7:30 or 8:00 am. When I ventured to the street I was pleasently suprised to see how orderly things were and the incredible amount of patience the people had. I talked with a few friends that were in line and they seemed optimistic and hopeful. I returned at about 2:00 pm and found a good friend just leaving having finally voted! He started the day in line at 7:30 am. All in all it was very quiet here and we were able to get some much need work done during the still of the day. Praise God for the good day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this blog, we have sent the link to all the people online at Forest Baptist Church so that they can see this.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and pictures. See you soon -

Trail Rated said...

I'll be reading, so I hope you will continue to publish your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

hey! good to read the update. hope things get better there after the OK vote.

Anonymous said...

You are so close to our boys at Gods Littlest Angels we will be watching and praying. Thanks Deb

Trail Rated said...

Waiting for more...

Anonymous said...

still waiting.

Trail Rated said...

Do you hear tht? It's your blog, "Update Me, Update Me."

Trail Rated said...

that really is the longest election line I've ever seen. It's lasted since early Feb!!!

Bakers said...

Ok Jack I have updated now I will say do not hold your breath for the next one but I will try to be more consistent.